Increasing Facebook "Likes" can be a challenge for any business, especially pharmacies. Most people go on Facebook to see what's new with family and friends, or look for something interesting or entertaining.
With distractions everywhere, how does a business hold the attention of someone on Facebook long enough for them to actually "Like" your page?
Here are 8 strategies you can use to help increase the "Likes" on your pharmacy's Facebook page.
- Paid Ad Campaigns: There are a number of ways to do this, from “Boosting” posts, to “Promoting” your page, to running individual ads.
- In Store Giveaways: Give some sort of product or basket of items away. Tell patients that in order to sign up for the giveaway, they’ll need to “Like” your pharmacy’s page on Facebook and that you’ll draw the winner from that list of sign ups.
- Reciprocate: Follow vet clinics, dental clinics, independent health clinics, and other small businesses – they’ll be more likely to “Like” you back.
- Comment: Not only “Like” other businesses, but leave thoughtful comments on their posts, this will not only increase the chances they’ll “Like” you, but also may help build relationships, which is really important for us in the pharmacy world.
- Google Reviews/Facebook Reviews: Testimonials are important very important to pharmacies (as they are all businesses). Take time and leave reviews on Facebook and Google for clinics that you regularly work with and businesses you frequent in your area. This may increase your “Likes,” but more importantly, it’s a great relationship builder.
- Offer Exclusive Discounts to Facebook Fans: Over 40% of people say the reason they “Like” a business/brand is for coupons and discounts. Give the people what they want. This is a great way to move some stagnant over-the-counter inventory. Tell customers that you offer discounts/coupons etc. on Facebook and that to see those great deals, they need to “Like” your Facebook page.
- Ask Employees, Friends, & Family: More “Likes” equals more "Likes." Numbers matter, and if you have a goal of reaching 1,000 "Likes" for your pharmacy, don't forget about reaching out to those closest to you.
- Offer Flash Freebies: Offer a $10 gift card toward OTC items to the first 10 people that message you. Word will get around that there are rewards to be had to those who “Like” your page.
There are other strategies you can use to increase the "Likes" on your pharmacy's Facebook page as well, but something else to keep in mind - in order to stay relevant and present in the minds of your Facebook followers and potential followers, it's important to be publishing interesting content on a regular basis, and probably even a daily basis.
It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day operations of running your pharmacy business, and all of the sudden you realize it's been weeks since you last posted something on Facebook. Don't let this happen to you.
Come up with a game plan and a schedule for posting content to your pharmacy's Facebook page, so that you can not only grow your Facebook "Likes", but also to help prevent the dreaded "Unlike."